Sage has been a part of Native American tradition for thousands of years. Many Native Americans today still call on the spirits of sacred plants to cleanse people and places of harmful energies, thoughts, and influences. This purification ritual, called Smudging, is used to clear the atmosphere of negative vibrations caused by anger, sadness, illness, or malevolent spirits, and fill the environment with positive, uplifting feelings. The pungent smoke of White Sage is used to drive away this negativity leaving a warm, peaceful atmosphere in its place. Our White Sage smudge sticks come in 5″ bundles and are wild-harvested from Southern California.
To read the Full Plant Profile of White Sage click here.
How to Smudge a Room
– Light the bundle of herbs on fire, then blow out the flame and place the smoldering wand in a ceramic bowl or abalone shell.
– Starting in the east and moving clockwise, use a feather or your hand to gently fan the smoke into the four corners of the room as an offering to the sacred Four Directions.
– Fan the smoke so that it wafts down toward the floor to thank Mother Earth and up toward the ceiling to thank Father Sky.
– Walk around the perimeter of the room, imagining all negativity attaching to the smoke and vanishing as it dissipates. As you do this, pray to the Creator to bring peace to the room and all the people who occupy it.
– After smudging, extinguish the embers by burning the lit end of the wand in a bowl of sand or by holding it against the shell or bowl.
and enjoy the peace and balance left in its wake…
*The statements above have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.